Roger has more than 25 years of experience helping clients simplify the complications that come with managing wealth. He specializes in assisting TrueWealth clients in addressing complex personal financial planning situations, retirement planning, and liquidity event planning. He enjoys the process of helping individuals and families turn assets into lifestyles through prudent planning—and careful execution. A leader and motivator, Roger provides peace-of-mind to processes that might otherwise cause stress.
Roger is from West Columbia, SC, with roots firmly planted in the Roswell area. He and his wife Lolly and their son and daughter are active members of Roswell United Methodist Church. Roger volunteers with the Boy Scouts of America, and, when not providing wealth management guidance to clients and associates, enjoys reading and travel.
Prior to joining the firm, Roger was the director of Tarpley & Underwood Financial Advisors, a firm that merged with Windham Brannon Financial Group (now TrueWealth) in 2011. Previously he served as comptroller for the Savannah-Chatham Board of Education and worked in the Atlanta office of Deloitte & Touche (now Deloitte).
Education & Affiliations
- University of South Carolina—BS in Finance
- Georgia State University—MS in Personal Financial Planning
- CFP®, Certified Financial Planner
- CPA, Certified Public Accountant
- PFS, Personal Financial Specialist
- Financial Planning Association
- Personal Financial Planning Section, AICPA
- Estate & Financial Planning Section, GSCPA
- Investment Committee, GSCPA
- Comprehensive Wealth Management
- Retirement Planning
- Liquidity Event Planning